Sponsored by NetApp
Brian Madden, creator of BriForum and brianmadden.com, takes an in-depth look at desktop virtualization in this expert e-book. Read on for tips, suggestions, and insights from one of the leading experts on virtualization. Get your toughest desktop virtualization questions answered today. Access >>>
Table of contents
- Virtualization is more than just VDI
- Why storage matters
- Three issues to address
- What is IOPS and why does it matter?
- The dumbest thing you can do
- The secret to desktop virtualization savings
- How the *@&% is it possible for multiple users to share the same disk image?
- How Win7 will affect your storage and virtual desktop environment
- Does the storage protocol matter?
- Multiple classes of storage are okay
- Checklist: Ten questions to ask when evaluating your storage vendor
- "TCO" and "ROI" confusion
- Why VDI?
- Five sure-fire ways to get canned
- Which kind of virtualizer are you?
- Why do people like VDI?
- The vicious cycle of VDI storage
- Virtualization architecture diagram
- Personal notes
About the AuthorBrian Madden - Desktop virtualization expert and blogger
Brian Madden covers desktop virtualization technologies and ... Read More
Premium Content for Free.
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
What it takes to make zero clients add up
This chapter looks at the major considerations in making a final decision on whether to move an organization's desktops to zero clients. Cost, return...
Find the best route to deliver application virtualization
IT no longer needs to deliver full desktops to users; instead, most users require access to only certain applications. So, IT needs to determine the ...
More than nothing, a zero client simplifies the desktop
This chapter provides a detailed examination of what zero clients are, how they work, what their primary benefits might be and where their key ...