Sponsored by NetApp
Brian Madden, creator of BriForum and brianmadden.com, takes an in-depth look at desktop virtualization in this expert e-book. Read on for tips, suggestions, and insights from one of the leading experts on virtualization. Get your toughest desktop virtualization questions answered today. Access >>>
Table of contents
- Virtualization is more than just VDI
- Why storage matters
- Three issues to address
- What is IOPS and why does it matter?
- The dumbest thing you can do
- The secret to desktop virtualization savings
- How the *@&% is it possible for multiple users to share the same disk image?
- How Win7 will affect your storage and virtual desktop environment
- Does the storage protocol matter?
- Multiple classes of storage are okay
- Checklist: Ten questions to ask when evaluating your storage vendor
- "TCO" and "ROI" confusion
- Why VDI?
- Five sure-fire ways to get canned
- Which kind of virtualizer are you?
- Why do people like VDI?
- The vicious cycle of VDI storage
- Virtualization architecture diagram
- Personal notes
About the AuthorBrian Madden - Desktop virtualization expert and blogger
Brian Madden covers desktop virtualization technologies and ... Read More
Premium Content for Free.
More Premium Content Accessible For Free
With zero clients, exceptions shouldn't be the rule
Chapter 3 explores the post-rollout steps for an organization that has adopted zero clients. Once they are in place, IT needs to know how to manage ...
Develop your criteria for selecting VDI software
Learn about the latest options for VDI platforms and get an overview of the vendors and products that IT has to choose from. Also, get more ...
What it takes to make zero clients add up
This chapter looks at the major considerations in making a final decision on whether to move an organization's desktops to zero clients. Cost, return...